You can now opt to enable HTTPS for your website.
It is available on the Business and Premium plans at no additional ongoing charge.
There is a one-off ($100) charge to enable HTTPS for your site in order to configure and enable the certificate.
Why Should I Enable HTTPS?
- HTTPS protects sensitive information published or received by the web site, e.g. login forms, contact details, shopping carts, etc.
- HTTPS helps prevent intruders from tampering with the communications between your websites and your users’ browsers. Intruders include intentionally malicious attackers, and legitimate but intrusive companies, such as ISPs or hotels that inject ads into pages.
- HTTPS prevents intruders from being able to passively listen to communications between your websites and your users.
- New web platform features, such as taking pictures or recording audio, enabling offline app experiences, require explicit permission from the user before executing. HTTPS is a key component to the permission workflows for these new features.
- HTTPS is considered by most search engines as a sign of trust and will generally rank HTTPS sites higher than HTTP sites giving a boost to your SEO.
- Most modern web browsers now display a “Not Secure” warning for HTTP web sites, this can be alarming to your users.
For more information read Why HTTPS Matters by Google.
Contact me now to get started!